Thursday 1 March 2007

Donny's on 'Loose Women' ---- [swoons in a corner]

I can't believe it! My baby's on TV! My Donny has been the love of my life since I was 13 - just a year longer than my husband. He reminds me of a fine wine -- matures & gets more tasty with age! "Saddo" I hear you say, but we all have to have an outlet................ :O He's giving away all these horrid & unkind things he used to do to the fans outside his hotel. He's a bad boy... He's releasing his 55th album -- would you believe it? That'll be on my birthday list. Oh, now he's ruined it & has got a fan, the executive producer, up dancing to 'Why'. I got all teary would you believe it? get a grip woman!!!

Anyway, let's get back on level. For goodness' sake.
I spent a whole day (more or less) finishing off the finishing off (if you know what i mean) the layouts from the weekend. I cannot believe how many I actually did, considering I 'lost' Saturday afternoon. I also did my example of the 'Scrapaholics' layout for March. The papers are lovely & bright - ideal for kiddie photos. I'll post it up on here asap. The technique is using jigsaws as embellishments, alphabets, frames, you name it. I actually enjoyed doing this one.
I painted one of the jigsaws with Acrylic paint ( :O :O Mary......... as she's bound to want to do what 'Gill' has done) and then put alphabet dots on them for my title. I'm going to do a second layout with the remaining papers & card (yes, there is enough in the kit to do a double layout) and this time I'm going to ink the jigsaw pieces (ditto Mary) but scatter them this time. I'm also going to find a piece of one of my grandsons extra large puzzle pieces & make a frame for the photo. Sounds good on paper.

I'm part of the group leading the Faith Scrappers group. We have accessed the luxurious Dartford Hilton for a weekend retreat 17th & 18th March, starting at 9am on Saturday and ending at 5.30pm on Sunday. The cost includes dinner B&B and all classes. Babs will have her shop with lots of brilliant offers. Although Faith scrappers is Christian-based, the retreat is open to both Christian & non-Christian alike. See www.faithscrappersuk.com for the website where additional info is available, or you can contact me.

Right, I must go & finish that layout while I've still got my mojo!
Bye!!