Tuesday 20 March 2007

Windy Tuesday

Sorry I've been 'off' for a couple of days but I was absolutely knackered after the weekend retreat. It was brilliant, well done to Babs for all her hard work & to 'Owl' for jutst being there when I was about to 'crash' because of a fellow-attender. I just felt a spiritual negativity in the room. What we should have done was to have 'cleansed' the room with prayer before we started, but Babs was so nervous about everything as it was her first retreat, it got forgotten.
It's very difficult when someone comes to one of these retreats with 'baggage' not to take it on board. But I thought someone went a bit OTT when we were eating in the restaurant & chatting between courses, I, mistakenly, made a flippant remark about one of the ladies who comes to my scrapaholics class as being 'a flower lady'. I couldn't believe it when this person yelled at me in the restaurant :oO She went at me all guns ablazing. I was really upset. Ended up having problems breathing & started to cough & caught my breath. Thanks to Babs for going back to the room for my Oxygen. This person kept on & on about how doing flowers is her work for the Lord, but we all work for the Lord in our own way, great or small. I couldn't believe it when I fell asleep at the table in the restaurant!!! Babs had to wake me up! The conversation got a bit uninspiring...
There were 7 of us at this retreat. I think there was only the 3 of us that were serious scrappers [me, Babs & Owl]. I, stupidly, didn't take one of my albums with me for examples for those who didn't scrap. I found teaching my class a real struggle, especially when they kept nattering all the time then I had to keep repeating evetything. Ggrrrrr...
There was a lot to be learnt from this retreat. Babs is pulling everything apart to see where we could make changes. My only feeling was about cost. As there were fewer of us we had to pay more, and I have a sneaky suspicion that Babs ran at a loss; if she took a step of faith and advertised the retreat at a lower cost, I think she would get more punters interested.

I was so excited when I got home. My Blue Badge had arrived!!! To me it acknowledges that I do have a disability and it has been recognised. They sent a sheet of useful items & badges to purchase, such as the usual wheelchair symbol but also 'please leave me enough space to open my door fully' (now I don't have to try & squeeze into the car - if people adhere to it...) & 'Disabled Passenger on board'. I got a cushion that you can turn on to get out of the car. But the main thing is being able to park in the Disabled bays in the car parks & at supermarkets. I also bought a 'Radar' key, which opens all disabled loos, as I have sudden urgency micturition as part of my syndrome.

I'm still teetering on applying to do the 10 week OU course in Photography. I don't feel that confident to do it... I know I'll regret it if I don't, especially now I have this posh camera.

Ian (my eldest) is now also busy planning his marriage to Kelly. They are getting married next May as far as I know but co-habiting until then, in Tunbridge Wells. Kelly lives in Derby.

OMG! It's snowing!! The wind is sharp too. I'm glad I'm not going out!!
The weather doesn't know what to do. We had Spring, now we have winter...
I'm getting stiff so I must close down.
Bye!!