Sunday 4 March 2007

My grotty weekend

We bit the bullet & went to Lakeside yesterday to get the Bridesmaid's dresses. We got all sorted but 2 are on order for right sizes. Burgundy & Gold. Elizabeth looked absolutely beautiful, it brought a lump to my throat. My daughter, Jenny - the bride-to-be - came (of course) and she kept talking on her mobile all the time & saying where we were in a whisper voice. Then it dawned on me that she was talking to her partner & he & the boys were also there & had followed us up. She told us he was taking them swimming for the day. Pants on fire! She did what she wanted to do & then b******ed off after she'd wiped out our Visa limit. It was all planned, it was so obvious.
The girl at the bridal store said the dresses should be hung up inside duvet covers & not plastic dry-cleaners covers, which I had to do yesterday evening, a real struggle.

The better part of Saturday was that I bought my posh camera - a Nikon. I really wanted a Canon 400D but it was to expensive. It's got all I need - it's light & easy to handle,has a large screen & you can add lenses to it. I'm going to see if the lenses from my manual SLR will fit. I had a little 'tinker' last night ( ) but the battery needs charging. Then Jen rang today & said she was coming up with Carl (partner) to show him the dresses. I explained about the covers, effort, blah, blah, but she had to be abusive to me. I've done everything for this wedding, organising things like flowers (friend), cars (my brother), Cake (a friend of my mum), paying for her dress & all the rest of the dresses, that's what I can remember at the moment. She's so unappreciative. She's also a blinding liar -- and a not very good one at that. I was so upset that I had to go to bed this afternoon with the door shut.

After about half an hour rest, there was this awful screeming from Elizabeth -- the dog had bitten her. There is a half-Cm cut just above her lip. I steristripped it & I can see that, as the swelling has gone down a bit,the cut is closing. Alice was upset & guilty. They'd been playing with Rosie but Elizabeth went too far & Rosie just lashed out. Alice said Elizabeth was aggrivating her & hurting her. Rosie only lashes out when she gets cross, but she's never bitten the kids - she's been brought up not to. She knows she's hurt Elizabeth as she keeps looking at her with this woeful expression. Don't blame Rosie, Geoff threatened to get rid of her (if she goes so do I); she can't defend herself so the facts need to be taken into consideration.

What with the weather as well, I had a cr***y weekend. My plans for today -- to try & get to grips with a) beading work, & b) my new camera. I felt so down this morning that I didn't go to church (a bad move as far as Geoff's concerned), I needed to be warm & resting. Geoff doesn't understand it. I'm really struggling.
All I get is people criticising me; how I bring up my kids, the state of my house tidiness-wise, that I spend all the time resting, and the rest of it. Jenny turned round yesterday and said that I was interfering when I put a bridesmaid's tiara on Elizabeth's head. I was only demonstrating for goodness' sake. Interfering??????? If we didn't do what we have done she'd have nothing done except buying the invitations that I'd said I would make for her... She said that I didn't look after the girls properly, that their hair was full of lice (not true) and when I said I did my best considering I was so poorly she said "You're not ill when it suits you".... What??!! I've struggled to bring up all my 4 children in some form or another, health or behaviour wise, people must'nt criticise me.....:( :(