Monday 5 March 2007

Just a manic Monday

Hi! Thanks for "listening" to me ranting yesterday, but when you have FMS it's really hard to make people understand how you feel & how their remarks / actions affect you. What someone who does not have FMS would consider trivial, to an FMS sufferer this becomes major. Because there's nothing to see people jump to conclusions & often blame it on depression (like a previous GP did - for a whole year). I'm not depressed but I am p****d off. Life has become the pits.
My lovely mum came up today. My litle dog, Rosie, absolutely adores her "Nanny" and when she comes Rosie just sits and watches her with this pathetic look on her face. I wonder why??? My mum is the only person in my family who will walk my little baby for me. Mum takes her for a good walk, then has a coffee before she starts doing my ironing. I love my mum to bits. I don't know what I'd do without her ~ and I tell her so.

As I said yesterday, I'm desperately trying to start a new hobby of Beading. I thought it would tie in with my scrapbooking and I could also make simple jewellry too. I've half finished my 2nd bracelet but I can't get the clasps right. I've found this fantastic website - beads direct - their stuff is really good quality & the service is A1. The problem is that I keep swooning over these gorgeous beads, especially the Swarfski (sp?) crystal ones. I'd like to make my best mate a bracelet / necklace out of these beads as she collects the Crystal.

I've got a busy week this week. Tomorrow I have to go to my daughter's school for dinner! Apparently, according to my daughter, all her friends are going to look after me as I'm poorly! Should be fun anyway!
Thursday I'm going to a restaurant with the church 'ladies focus group'. I'm being collected by the Rectors wife.
Friday we are entertaining 2 couples from our church. We are gradually inviting all those who were so kind when I was in hospital. Geoff loves cooking, not to the "Master Chef" standard but really good meals.

I'm off now to see if the battery for my new toy. I tried to see if any of my lenses etc from my old SLR fitted. One of the lens effect discs fits ~ the 'Skylight' one does, but the polarising one doesn't & I'm disappointed about that.
Geoff has given me the okay to do the OU Photography course, starting in May if I get in. They are sending me all the bumf. It'll give me more focus (pardon the pun!) in my life as I enjoy studying ~ hence why I did my Diploma in Cancer Care & had got in to do my degree. I need some reason to my days. Wish me luck!

Just to say that there are still places at the "Faith Scrappers" weekend retreat at the luxurious Dartford Hilton hotel. It's worthwhile coming along for the facilities alone!! It's open to Chritian & non-Christian alike, but the weekend will be Christian based. We will be running great classes (one by me!) and having fun scrapbooking. Even if you've never done scrapbooking, come along & give it a try! It might be the hobby you've been looking for all your life but didn't know it!!! Call Babs via the website link on my intro, or contact me.

I think that's it for now!
Bye bye!!