Saturday 6 January 2007

Twelfth night (last night anyway!)

That's it, Christmas & new year all done & dusted for another year! I plan to be more organised this year------ so I've already written my cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!! Yes, I know you're saying I'll forget where I've put them, but I won't as they'll be in Geoff's wardrobe, so there! I haven't done the family ones (not yet anyway). I usually do get organised, but not to this extent, but now I've seen how incompetent [most] men are when it comes to Christmas I plan for the worst this year. I'm often seen buying presents in the sales [people get better presents that way as you're still spending the same money on them]. This year I'm only buying for children & close family, and, due to the reaction of my mum to the album that I'd spent ages making for her, I'll probably only buy. Did I ever say how upset I'd felt?????

My mum said a right corker today. My daughter Jenny (24), myself & mum were talking together and Jen was saying that she was now off Seroxat (horrible antidepressant) at last. I advised her that should she feel vulnerable she must speak to someone. My mum said 'she's a right one to talk' ---- looking at me! After her saying I was being dramatic!!!!!! Don't get that one at all...
The last thing I want is jen being extra stressed, she's getting married in June & that's stressy enough. They say getting married comes second in the risk list to divorce! All I say is 'Good luck to Carl'!!!!

We've got our central heating back!! Yay!!! Our friend, a plumber, has spent that long on the floor in my bedroom that the neighbours are whispering behind hands!! LOL Mind you, it was nice not being so hot -- with the flushes, you understand?!

Scrapbooking
I have been working like a trojan on my Christmas pages. I took so many pictures over the holidays, especially of the boys, I didn't want them forgotten about. Although my Scrapbook Stand kit got ruined, I still have a whole BG pack of 'Blitzen' sitting in my paper case. What a good time to use it up! That is one of my aims for 2007 -- to use up my stash before buying any more. Some hopes! Does a smoker wait until they've smoked their last?????? I love looking round craft shops & browsing through on-line shops, it's a fetish, you know, touching & stroking papers & talking to them....... der..
Anyway, back to the layouts. I did this one of Callum with his presents -- "Christmas Present" - and then I'm going to do another -- "Christmas Past". Double layout worth 20 pts on UKS. My wall is absolutely covered with layouts I've done this past week.
I'm going to sort out my papers & stash -- another aim for 2007 that probably won't get done either... I'm going to make a tag book about my aims for 2007 & have some form of indicator as to whether I obey them or not.
Okay! I'm off to make the tag book!
Bye!