Thursday 18 January 2007

Thursday 18th January

People who take the piss out of disabled people stink. That's better!
I've been holding in an awful experience that happened to me on Saturday evening at Geoff's family annual get-together. I don't like going at the best of times but I didn't feel the best & Geoff had 'flu & Alice was brewing up a cold. Anyway, I went to support Geoff.
I washed my hair just before we went so that Jen could Straighten it for me as I can't get my arm above my head. As she was doing it my Nephew lit up a cigarette - I had my Oxygen on at the time - so I asked him not to smoke & explained. My Sister-in-Law muttered something under her breath that I couldn't lip-read.... Okay, so that's the start of the evening...
After Jen had finished my hair I went into the sitting room & my Father-in-law said "Where is your broomstick?" I looked at him, and he repeated "All you need is a broomstick".. I turned to my son's girlfriend & asked her if he was trying to say I was a witch, she said she thought so. Then he said "it's horrible". I was talking to kelly & I could hear giggles behind me & I turned to see Bob's late wife & my Father-in-law giggling as Sam (F-I-L) was taking the piss out of my nasal cannula, making gestures like Hitler (ie finger under nose, blah, blah) & they were in hysterics with tears in their eyes. :( :( That was so out-of-order. Geoff wasn't there at the time so he took Sam's side (as usual). No-one was talking to me and Jen was also upset because Gill (my Sister-in-law [the one who made the muttering remark earlier about me]) was heard to say, very loudly, that Jen was a slapper because she took a different bloke to each of these get-togethers. She has been unlucky & vulnerable with these other blokes, but Carl is a different kettle of fish. he's made my daughter into a different person.
I asked Geoff whether Gill was actually aware of how poorly I was & his answer was "I suppose so" -- in other words - no.
My mum never liked the Bakers. She said they're like a mafia -- they draw together tightly, forsaking all others. I wouldn't have been suprised that Geoff, had he been there at the time, would have joined in with laughing at Sam.
Sam held up a glass of whisky & said "this is all you need to get better" -- Bob died of total organ failure due to over consumption of alcohol ... Alcohol is the answer to everything in the Baker family, it's always been that way.
Apparently, it kicked off a bit after we'd gone (9.30) because Jen had supported me & also herself, saying we didn't deserve all those horrid remarks, and also because she wasn't a slapper. Most of the family totally ignored me at the funeral. Sam pulled me to one side & said "I hope we didn't upset you on Saturday, we didn't mean to, we were just having a laugh", my reply was "yes, you did upset me & you meant to". I made the [right] decision not to attend the "wake" afterwards as i think Jen & I would be ignored.
I'm not going to attend any further Baker events, that's final.
The rectors wife came round yesterday because she'd heard waht had happened. We prayed together that I do have a function in life, I am good enough, in God's eyes I'm a special person, no matter how I feel. That they had no right to behave that way towards me & it was purely ignorance on their behalf. Knowing that I was special in Jesus' eyes made me feel so much better.