Wednesday 13 December 2006

Windy Wednesday!!!

Blimey! The wind! It's the kinda wind that gets in all your nooks and crannies!! :0 Apparently it's with us over the weekend, :(

Did you see the Royal Performance last night?????? Wellllllllllllll............ Who told Katie Price she could sing? Bless her, she was up there singing her dear little heart out thinking she looked romantic..... not.. I knew I shouldn't have watched it. There were the usual 'painful' acts, comedians who laugh at themselves, and the rest.

I still haven't done my cards. I have one more to finish a regular order of 20. I always have trouble getting peel-offs that say ' -in-law'. It was bad enough when I could get about independantly but now it's impossible. Now my husband has asked for me to do him some for his company and for his colleagues at Rochester Cathedral. I'll eventually get around to my own... I don't care as long as my direct, close, family gets a decent handmade card. Christmas has turned into a chore since I was diagnosed with FMS. Everything is a major effort & reall all you want to do is sleep. If I was single & childless, I know that's what I'd do. People[kindly] say 'if you want me to do anything'..., but people have worries of their own.
We need to bring Christmas back to where it should be and adapt our minds a little. We need to remember the reason for Christmas --- Jesus is the reason for the season --- and not queueing for hours in shops for the toy of the year, to find it's out of stock. And these toys are more packaging than anything.
Stop moaning Gill!!!!!

Did I mention that I had a layout published in this months' Scrapbook Inspirations? It's so awe inspiring to see your work in print that you want to run around screaming at the top of your voice!!!!!

I have seen a couple of layouts I want to submit in their next call.

I enjoy making mini books, such as paperbag books, Accordion books, mini books in a tin. I also enjoy making these to add to layouts as journalling or to contain extra photos. Scrapaholics did a class recently, using coasters as part of the layout. I did a mini book which I attached to my layout using velcro squares so it's easier to read. It was my favourite layout at that time.