Friday 8 December 2006

Friday 8th December

Today's the day! I have taken that step of faith and have set up this blog to share my love of Scrapbooking, to spread the word about my Christain faith and to share info about my scrapbooking clubs.
Have you ever met someone through an unusual avenue & know that he/she is going to affect your life in some way? I post on the ukscrappers forum (www.ukscrappers.co.uk) and we recently had a cybercrop (like a retreat but on-line). I was trolling my way through all the layouts that were submitted and came across this lovely layout that included some Christian element. I left a plaudit commenting on how lovely it was to see the Lord included in a layout. Anyway, the artist of the layout replied to me. Her name is Babs, she lives not all that far from me, she's a Christian, like myself, and has had a vision of setting up a Christian Scrappers Group where members can share in their love of God & express this within their hobby. This group is Faith Scrappers UK (www.faithscrappersuk.com) and will be starting in the new year. I have taken the step of faith and have committed myself to run a group here in Southborough, near Tunbridge Wells, in Kent. My chosen club name is The Southborough & Tunbridge Wells FSUK Group. I'm meeting Babs next Saturday.
Isn't that just amazing?
I'll be posting pictures of layouts compiled during Scrapaholics and FSUK club nights. Both groups are totally different and have different formats. With Scrapaholics my role is that of a tutor, each month I teach a different technique which is practised using a kit composed by Scrapaholics. The kits cost £6 and membership/admin costs £1.50, total cost of a fun & interesting evening is £7.50. This includes teas/coffees/ soft drinks as well as nibbles and sweeties!
My FSUK evening will run in a totally different way. The focus will be on the Lord as well as scrapbooking:
  • We open with prayer and a Bible reading then -
  • we briefly study this reading before -
  • doing a scrapbooking layout using the subject as a title/theme of your layout, such as my 'How Great thou art' layout - natures wonder & God's hand in it, using a kit (of good value) made up by myself
  • There will be Christian music playing throughout the evening
  • At the end we will comment & praise each others' layouts
  • Finally, we close with prayer and the Grace

My role in the FSUK club is that of host & adviser.

So, both clubs are so different that I do not feel I'm being disloyal to either.

If you read this and would like further information, click on the links or email me!