Wednesday 27 December 2006

On the 3rd day of Christmas........

....... my true love went to work.... So mum & the kids (+one dog) got all in one bed to watch the usual Christmas films -- Herbie & 101 Dalmatians. It's these kinda days that make Christmas what it is -- relaxing, family time. In fact, to be perfectly honest, I was so relaxed that I went to sleep (I could hear myself snoring!!!)

How did all your Christmases go?
We went to my eldest daughter's (she's 24) for the first time at Christmas - they usually come to me. She did very well, the dinner was excellent. The boys were the usual horrors. Liam (who's 4) is so destructive (I found out today that he's already broken his drum set by stamping on the big drum :O). I can never work him out, all I can think of is attention-seeking. I'm very concerned that the boys will drive Carl and Jenny apart with their diabolical behaviour.
Next year I'm going to put money away in their accounts & then give them a moderate present to open. They were so unappreciative of what they did get.
The girls were totally different this year, much quieter. I remember from the first two -- they grow up!!!!

Geoff's trying to mend our boiler - it packed up on Christmas day.... :O Typical!

We had a quiet boxing day, my mum came for the day. The only noise was the sound-effects from the 'Deal or no Deal' electronic game that Jen bought them.
I was a bit upsetwith my mum, really. She never actually acknowledge the Canvas Album that I'd made her with the title 'Family'. So, I asked her what she'd had for Christmas. She went on & on about the pot-dog Westie that her friend had given her (how it sat at the table when they ate dinner, how it sat and watched TV..........), she said a couple of other presents, then, in passing, she said 'oh, and that book thing you made me'-- so unusual for her. She did thank me for the 'Angels' CD. I'd spent hours making that album, all I can think of is that I hadn't included a photo of my brother, her 'Golden Boy', and his partner. I might ask if I'd offended her....

Geoff gave me a beautiful silver heart with Jewellry inside. It's amazing (as Zara Phillips says!). After him & the girls doing the days of advent with presents I really didn't expect such a beautiful gift. The girls made things for me, Elizabeth went to a plate-painting shop with the Guides & made a beautiful plate for me. I shall treasure that. I also had some 'smellies' which I love. Geoff gave me a 'weekend bag' that contained 'The Sanctuary' toiletries and the bag is ideal to carry my tablets inside when we go away, or, dare I say it, I have to go back into hospital (I was close last week).
I start my Warfarin tomorrow.

I've got a funeral to go to tomorrow at 2pm -- my Aunt who died last week. Just right, just after Christmas.