Thursday 14 December 2006

It's still windy Thursday!!!

I can't believe this weather! The wind blows you off your feet -- and it's draughty when you're standing out in the garden with a pooch on a lead waiting for it to poo. The wind blew my neighbour's fence down & now we have a gaping hole where Rosie is quite excited about getting through (Rosie is my Westie), so we have to keep taking her outside. I hear you all asking "why don't you take her for a walk then?" - I cannot walk because of my FMS & I need Oxygen for a chest condition. No-one else will walk her for me. People make open statements like "if you want me to walk Rosie, just ask" and you know for a fact that they're to busy to walk a mutt. Luckily she's forgiving & is just as happy cuddling up with me. Mum comes up on Saturdays to do my ironing and she takes Rosie out for me.

I managed to finish the order of cards! Yay! I'm hoping my husband did get them to her yesterday evening as I asked, because I had an email from my friend asking where they'd got to (in a nicest possible way). My husband is so tied up with his church activities that he forgets about anything else. He doesn't need to do this youth club, he does it for interest. He knew that I was struggling with pains in my joints and that the girls (10 & almost 9) have 'end-of-term -itis' and were behaving in a very bad way. Even when he came back to collect the playstation, and saw how they were, he just said 'behave' and went out of the door. I ended up upset , and , boy, did that change their attitude. I feel that people are bored of my illnesses and don't want to know anymore.

My craft is going to go out of the window. My pain in my wrist makes crafting very sore, especially hand-cutting titles. I've had 'Craft-robo' suggested, but it's just too expensive. I'm hoping that, when the Cricut comes in, people will sell their Craftrobo's on Ebay... If there's anyone out there with sympathy for a disabled person, who has a spare/redundant Craft-Robo then I beg you to think of me...... just leave a message for me. Thank you.
Going back to hand-cutting titles. People draw back at the thought of hand-cutting but it's not that difficult. I use a VERY sharp knife (or break the end off of those types of disposable knives) as blunt/over-used ones just tear the paper; I use a sheet of A4 glass (from a clipper frame) - or you can use a tile - i take a smaller piece of glass for retreats etc.; move the paper & not the knife; cut out the centres of a's, b's, e's etc first, it's almost impossible to cut them once you've cut the whole title; finally, opt for a simpler font, such as 'Goodfellow', to get you going, and 'Laurenscript' is another effective font; use [plain] Wordart to get your size and then reverse the whole title in order to 'mirror' it - you'll cut from the back & therefore you don't get lines. There you are! Simple! I'll post a layout demonstrating a hand-cut title.