Friday 22 December 2006

Thank God it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God it's Friday & I don't have to be alone with the kids for 4 whole days!!! :O Mind you, my husband is already planning his workload for Wednesday. I did think he might take a couple more days off, especially seeing that I'm not well again. Oh well. He has to work as I only get the basic Incapacity Benefit. I have applied for the Disabled Living Allowance (DLA) with help from a friend from church, Ken, who used to work in Social Services & now is a full-time carer (and husband) to Rowena who has MS. They are a delightful couple, real genuine Christians. I'm hoping & praying that I'm successful in my application, I'd really appreciate your prayers too. Thank you.

I wasn't so well yesterday as I wasn't so well. However, I did manage to finish my cards & wrap my parcels. I just have one or two left to wrap. That takes the pressure off a bit. I've put notes on the present tags to explain that, due to my illness & lack of income, I felt that it would be best to just concentrate on the kids. I hope they'll understand.
We're off carol singing this evening with our church. I shall be going on my motorised buggy. There's a woman who lives round here who had adorned her buggy out with a big Christmas tree, lights & all, and she has a Reindeer singing 'Silent Night'!!!! Anyway, according to the local rag she's been dressing up as Santa & giving out presents to children of less fortunate families. God bless her. I'm trying to get a bit more festive as I don't feel anything at the moment. :(
We decided, in our wisdom, to go to Sainsbury's to stock up for Christmas, bad move.... Remind me next year not to do it -- I was absolutely whacked & felt really grim. I was leaning on the trolley for support & having my portable oxygen. People were shoving about, jabbing me in the back. I did come across a couple of kind people though.
My husband took ages looking for the wine -- he looks to see which one is the best bargain, even if it's only by a few pence. He knew I was feeling unwell. I'll let him do it next year.
I picked up my prescription at the spanking new pharmacy at Sainsbury's & the assistant got me a chair & got my presription done extra quick, bless her.

I'm going to do some clearing up later. I'd started on the dining room yesterday, but then the kids decided to clear up the sitting room, at Geoff's suggestion, so everything from the sitting room is now in the dining room!!!!
My mum's coming up tomorrow. She does my ironing for me. The girls call her "Nanny McFee" as she's quite firm with them, but they still love her all the same. Mum's coming for Boxing day.
We're at my eldest daughter's on Christmas day. We're having beef -- I bought a nice joint yesterday. It's going to be difficult as the boys (my grandsons) will be out of their trees, full of sweets & over-excitement... :O My girls are already whizzy & they're 10 1/2 & almost 9. All giggly & silly girlies. Did I ever tell you I'd rather be tucked up under my duvet with my little dog tucked in beside me?????

I went to a craft shop just the other side of Sevenoaks/ Westerham the other day. hayley took me out. I made myself a few kits up (it's easier to do that if you're going to a day crop) and stashed up my Bazill cardstock. I'd matched it all up but the assistant put all the Bazill together & the cardstock together (grrr) so now I've got to sort it all out. Still, it'll give me something to do...... :) lol There's some beautiful papers out there. I particularly like the DaistD's -- it reminds me of my old Nan's sofa, IYKWIM.

Husband has just come in (12.42).

I'm just going to do my 'little jobs' now.