Friday 15 December 2006

Friday 15th Dec

The time's flying by so quickly it's scary....
It's a case of if I haven't got it now that's that. I refuse to get stressy about 2 days in 365. People rushing about, spending money we don't have / can ill-afford which leaves us quaking in our boots when the credit card statement's due in January. I've done the majority of my shopping on-line this year, due to my disabilities, and it's far easier & you don't have to carry the bags. You still get the offers, in fact Studio24 has the most awesome offers with good products. I got card stock, toppers, punches, alphabets, to name a few, for my card making. I've just received another parcel (2 actually) today. My plan for the weekend is to write all my cards & wrap the majority of the parcels. I'm also going to put a little card in with each adult card saying that, due to our change in financial position, we will buy for the children only. I'm down over £1000 a month since I had to leave work due to my illnesses. I'm hoping they'll understand. I want to give special things to special people.

I'm going to meet Babs tomorrow - the Faith Scrappers UK lady - to discuss clubs etc. I must remember to fill out all the forms to take with me. My dear friend Hayley is taking me as Geoff is up to his eyes with fetching & carrying for our girls. We are going to slip in a quick visit to 'Creative Pastimes' - a fabbo craft shop - as I've run out of card stock to make family cards. I know I'll end up spending just a few more pennies .......... :)

I had a book delivered from Amazon today. It's called 'Faith Books & Spiritual Journalling' by Sharon Soneff. It's all about incorporating your faith in the Lord alongside your love of craft. As I see my creative skills as a gift from God, this was the perfect book for me. It show examples of all sorts of mini-books, boxes, flag albums, layouts & such. I feel that things like this make good gifts for those special people who would appreciate such a thing. For example, I have made a paper bag book, based on our long-term relationship, for my close friend of 30+ years. I have also dedicated a canvas album, a scrapaholics class using 2 6x6" canvases to make either an 'on the wall' project or an album , as I have, to my Mum. I used photos of my past layouts on some of the pages, an idea I may use again.
I find making gifts so rewarding. I remember a couple of years ago I made Star Books for my 2 dear friends and my mum. I got so much excitable feedback that I vowed to to more of this. Anyone can walk round Woolworths with a basket.........

Thank the Lord, I'm getting my hair cut today! I had my nails done yesterday, all ready for Christmas, with a little Diamante star on each thumb nail. Very BLING! I'm going to get my husband to take a piccie later - I feel a layout coming on!