Monday 7 January 2008

Happy New Year all!!

First of all I'd like to wish all the readers of my blog a very happy, healthy & prosperous 2008. Secondly, my aim for this year is to try to keep my blog more up to date than I have done in 2007. Obviously how often I post is controlled by my condition but I will endeavour to do my best.



I'm going to use my blog to communicate to all my 'Southborough Scrappers' club members so that I can show the papers & my example for that particular month. The club nites are the first Thursday of each month - this is a purely social crop where members & guests can bring their own layouts to do / finish & enjoy some company, refreshments & jelly beans (this will just be £1.50 to cover expenses etc) -- on the third Thursday we will be learning a technique & I will be making up kits for members to practise the technique, very much as before. I will be keeping the cost for this class as before (£7.50 -- which covers kit, my teaching, refreshments [as much as you want provided by my dear husband] &, of course, jelly beans!) The fun & laughter come free!!
I'm open for new members. I live near Tunbridge Wells, Kent. If you are interested or just want to see what it's all about, then contact me through this blog.

I have a huge box of un-used kits. If you wish to dip in on the first Thursday crop, you're welcome.

Right. I have been trolling through on-line scrapbooking suppliers (I cannot go out of the house so I do most, all, of my shopping on-line) & I have found some lushious papers by Bo-Bunny. It's their 'Romance' line. The kit will include 3 papers (shown right), cardstock to co-ordinate (2), brads & ribbon from the same range. I think this kit is gorgeous & I'll be doing my example asap so watch this space! The technique I'll be teaching this month is hand-cutting titles. You'll need to bring a sharp knife (or one that you snap the end off) as a blunt knife will drag the paper/card, and a tile or a glass tile (I use the glass from old frames or those clip-on ones that you can get in pound shops) - this helps the paper & knife to work together. I will have some available for use if you don't have one. I'll be printing off various titles in different fonts for you to practise on; script style, blocks & themes (eg Harry Potter). It is easier than it looks -- I promise!!!!!
Please let me know if you don't want a kit. Thanks!

Next month (February) the technique will be hand-sewing on layouts, using different embroidery stitches. For anyone who's totally phobic of hand-sewing I'll put my sewing machine out!!! Hand-sewing is one of my favourite techniques, I use it a lot on my layouts. Watch this space. I haven't decided on papers yet -- any suggestions welcome! Remember -- it's your club, I'm just a facilitator! If you have a suggestion for class techniques ----- speak up!


I'm very excited about this huge move to independance & I'm praying that it all works out and that I get support from you all, I can't do it alone.
God bless you all. You've been so supportive during my difficult times and I'm so thankful to you all for being alongside me - I couldn't do without you!!