Monday 28 January 2008

February's club (21st) kit

A special 'hello' to all my blog readers, especially my 'Southborough Scrappers' class members!
I have made up the kits all ready for the third Thursday's class (21st) and there is a piccie of the papers posted here. The papers are the Fancy Pants new line 'Crush' - all double-sided & lush. The cardstock is Bazill's new 'Stitch'z' range where, as you can see in the photo, holes are made for you to sew, embroider, put brads through, eyelets, the uses are endless. I have purchased a couple of the other designs (the kits contain the hearts design) and I'll, hopefully, do a couple of layouts as a demo & post them on here -- watch this space! I'm aiming to be a bit more adventurous with kits & techniques as all my members are experienced enough to cope, however, I'm not going to make them out of reach for a newbie.
Newbies are more than welcome to come & join us. Warning ----- we are a made lot!!!
I have an informal 'class' on the first Thursday - the 7th February - where members & guests are welcome to come along and scrap together, drink as much tea / coffee / fruit tea / soft drinks (sorry, no Gin!) as you want, eat sweeties and have a laugh. The emphasis on my classes is the word 'Fun'. Although, as I said, the first Thursday evening is informal bring your own, as I was too poorly to run the January technique class I shall be demonstrating it then. I shall be demonstrating hand-cutting titles. Some of us can't afford the expensive cutting systems & hand-cutting is just as useful in my eyes. There will be script, block & fancy examples. Bring along your [sharp] knives & a tile / glass tile (I use the glas form old photo frames) & learn this useful technique!!
I look forward to seeing you all!
GillXXX