Friday 21 December 2007

Just a quickie

I'm just taking advantage of a no-kids moment to just put a quickie on my blog.
I want to wish all those who take the time to read my blog a very happy Christmas and a healthy & prosperous 2008.

I have lots of ideas to aim for in 2008. I hoping to do a Diploma course in Photography at our local College, starting in September. So I'm working really hard to build up a 'portfolio' in case that's what they want. You have to be a step ahead you know!!
I have plans to make my scrapbooking club 'Southborough Scrappers' more user-friendly and add that little something that will make my members look forward to coming to me. I'm using my blog as communication between myself and members. If anyone local to me (I'm in the St John's area of Tunbridge Wells) would like a 'tester' please contact me - I don't bite!! I'm looking at starting at grassroots, the basic techniques of scrapbooking that us experienced scrappers take for granted, like sewing on layouts, hand-cutting titles, the 101 different uses for tags. I know people feel anxious about going into a room full of ardent scrappers and feeling "I'm never going to be able to do this" - here I am 3 years later.... It's the most wonderful, therapeutic, hobby out. All scrappers develop their own style, but, occasionally, it's good to "come out of your box" and do something different. I've seen Acetate albums & I'm dying to have a go.
I've just received a package from USA with some lushious papers in it. Some papers are just meant for stroking -- experienced scrappers will know what I mean!!!! I also had my monthly club package from 'Scrap Jammies' in USA. I love to receive parcels -- it cheers me up no end. I'm waiting for a package with a Nintendo Lite inside it. I received one, Alice's, but I can't give hers when Elizabeths hasn't arrived. So I've done an IOU Christmas bag - which cost as much as the Nintendos!!!! They are the present of the year apparently. On Ebay they were selling for ridiculous amounts of money. I can't afford to go over the top.
Anyway, my 5 minutes of kid-free has expired.
Bye!