Saturday 1 September 2007

Sunday 1st September

I can't believe it's September already!!! My DD11 starts secondary school this week -- it doesn't seem that long ago that I held her in my arms for the first time... She's been a little touchy over the summer hols, but I can remember how I felt when I first went into secondary school & we didn't have the 'nurturing' that they have now. Year 7's going to start a day before the rest of the school so they can get accustomed to the layout of the school & sort out timetables etc. They also have a 'buddy' system - I think it's linking the pupil with a senior pupil for reassurance etc when they first start. It's a Catholic Secondary so I feel reassuredthat my daughter will be cared for.... but it won't stop me worrying all the same.
My DD9 -- aka 'my baby' -- goes into year 5, which is also a shock at how quickly she's zoomed through Primary School. She can't wait to go back to school. She has a man teacher this year, he's very nice apparently, and also she can't wait to see her 'boyfriend' Joseph (she goes all coy when you mention his name!!!!)

I was so disappoited today. I was supposed to go to an all-day scrapbooking crop run by my friend. But I had such a bad night that I couldn't even think of going. When I phoned her she sounded really disappointed & said something about everyone dropping like flies............ I feel really guilty now. I hope some people went or she'd be out of pocket or will have to call it off. I'll text her later. If push comes to shove I'll pay her the day cost.
This illness is beginning to control my life completely again. The pain cannot be controlled by any means, I was told by my [lovely] GP to take as much Oromorph as I need to. My pupils don't reflect exactly how much Morphine I'm actually having, apparently.

I've been trolling my way through my kits. I'm that behind. I still have some papers from March!! I've started subscribing to 'ScrapJammies'. They are brilliant as the bags contain all the pieces of card/paperstock that you need to make the double layouts. I also subscribe to 'Back porch memoies' which are similar in the way they contain individual kits but they are not specific to a particular layout, although they have a newsletter & gallery for ideas. I used to subscribe to 'scrapbook stand' but they seem to have evaporated into thin air & you can't log on to the website anymore, which is a bit of a whammy as I liked their forum. I had a 'rogue' kit turn up, from 'the little red scrapbook co.'. I don't remember ordering the kit, but the way my memory is at the moment....!! I'll just have to see if I get one this month. It was a good kit---- Cosmo Cricket. Yummy!