Friday 7 September 2007

Friday 7th September 2007

My daughter, Elizabeth, has enjoyed her first few days at secondary school. She's totally independant, meeting a couple of friends at the top of the road to walk to school together. They also have 'buddy' system where every year 7 pupil has a year 12 student to help them along. As a Catholic school the pastoral care is important as well as the level of education. I hope she continues to enjoy it.
Alice, my youngest, is in year 5. She told me yesterday that she's in the top groups in Maths and literacy (English to you & I!). I'm so proud of my girls, I love them to bits & hope they continue to be the way they are & don't get in with the wrong crowd. I can't see it happening but you just don't know. When you hold your baby in your arms for the first time you see them following all the rites of passage, but it only takes a person or few to take your child along the wrong path. The girls are being brought up differently, we are Christians and are bringing the girls up to follow in the steps of Jesus rather than those of bad influence. It's their own choice now they are older, and they choose to follow the Christian pathway.
My eldest daughter, Jenny, who's pregnant with my grandaughter, is having a real bad time. I do so feel for her. I just can't do as much for her as I did when she was having the boys due to this blasted illness, I feel so guilty, but she's got her husband this time - before she was a single parent. She saw a consultant a few days ago and she's got SPD (Supra-Pubic Dysplasia) which I where the hormones affect the joints in the pelvis and they are over-mobile. It's very painful. She's been given stronger pain killers, the risk to the baby being less than her need for pain relief. She's not allowed to go beyond 38 weeks or she'll be induced. She was hoping for a home birth like she had for the boys, but her & her baby's well-being being important. I can do nothing but support her & advise her but it's her husband's resposibility to nurture her - he made her pregnant..

Right, now let's get to the scrapbooking bit. My DH had a carpenter friend to measure up to put masses of shelves in my little scrap room (it's actually the 4th bedroom) so I can get everything tidied up, like getting my albums upright rather than flat & see-through boxes for all my bits & bobs. It's gonna look fab once it's done.
My aim-for-the-weekend is to do my September & October Scrapaholic layouts. I'll post them on here once I've done them. My pictures seem to be a bit out-of-date. I'll sort them out & put some wedding photos up.
I'm also starting my album of the baby's first year, with photos of Jenny & Carl caressing 'the bump' and a lovely one of Callum (7) cuddling up to the bump. My little grandson, Liam 5, won't touch it. :( I'm using Psalm 139 as an introduction. It's a lovely verse.
I bought a couple of albums from 'Papermill' in Street (Somerset). I had that many loose layouts. I totally filled both with loads left over! I have another album which is 'Life's Journey' that I'm going to use for my book of me. I have some layouts that I've already done that I can use for my B.O.M. I'm not good at photos of me (except when I was a baby), especially nowadays as I resemble Mr Blobby due to the excessive weight gain caused by my medication. I did have some taken at the weekend with 'my boys' - they're not too bad. I don't think I'm the only one who hates photos of themselves. I wanted to do a B.O.M so that my children can see how my life went etc. I think I'll leave out the skeletons!LOL

I think that's all for now. Bye Bye!