Monday 18 June 2007

First of all, sorry to my blogger readers for my lack of posts recently, but we've had problems with the computer. I can only get through online through the laptop. When we've totted up the total cost of Jenny's wedding, we'll see if we have any left over cash (ha ha ha) to buy a new one. I find laptops easier, so we may just go for another laptop (this one I'm using now is Geoff's business one).
The thing that has kept me away from the computer apart from that is the preparation for the wedding & getting financial issues dealt with. I think I said before that she just went & booked the most expensive place to have a reception, without even thinking of how it was going to be paid for (Jen doesn't work now & Carl is 'between jobs' working in our local chippy). Geoff & I sought financial advice. We changed our mortgage type & we borrowed another £10,000 on top as a separate loan which we can pay off sooner, once we have more income (another hysterical laugh comes from Gill ha ha ha).
I have now made the wedding 'favours' - thanks to the Italians for that one - I made 80 of them. I have also made a guest book for all the wedding guests to sign as a memory of the day. I have also started a 12x12" album of the wedding for them. I have done a page all about trying on dresses; then I'll do one about nails & hair & preparation in the morning of the wedding. My aim isn't to take photos that the prof photographer takes but to take more informal pictures. What I've started to do is make the pages without the photos, using either a 7x5 or 6x4" card template. To a certain extent I can get quite a lot of the album done. I don't want to still be making it a year after the event!

My illness has calmed down a bit (please God it stays that way over the wedding week). I had problems with my back having decorated Elizabeth's bedroom while she was away with the school for a week. I wanted to get it all done as a suprise when she came home -- and we did!
My illness always eases when it's warm & sunny, as it's a Rheumatic disease, but we've got heavy rain heading our way....

I can't think of anything else to say ---- except Rosie (our westie) is now 4 years old! The time has flown past, it doesn't seem that long since she was a weeny pup. It's like kids - you turn your back & they're all growed up (she says with a tear in her eye). Elizabeth was 11 at the turn of the month & she's off to secondary school in September (we got her into the R/C secondary school which is very nearby). She's been to visit but she's also been having classes there as her level is too high for primary school, and she really likes it. Let's hope it stays that way.
Farewell for now!!!!!