Tuesday 10 April 2007

Sunny Tuesday

It's been a simply beautiful Easter weather-wise. We went to Hever Castle yesterday. It's so near, just about 20 minutes' drive away, but we don't appreciate it. I took masses of photos with my new camera, including 'moving water' for the photography challenge on UK scrappers forum, but I think I might have missed the deadline. Oh, well, it was a good experience. O
My mum has been in a dreadful state all over the Easter weekend. On Friday, when she was coming home from her [voluntary] shift at the Hospice, she saw this cyclist weaving in & out of traffic & then peddling very fast in the middle of the road. Well, mum had to get to the right lane in the road, went round him but he didn't look & pulled out again & clipped my mum's car & came off. He got straight up again & was shouting about drivers & bikes, no injuries. Mum offered her details but he was too busy ranting with the people in the car behind mum. She was so upsdidn't sleep Friday night & then, when she came up on Saturday, she said that I 'wouldn't want to know her after what she'd done'. Even though the guy refused mum's details, I suggested she went / phoned the police just to inform them. They suggested that she took her documents in just to be sure. Then yesterday she found a 'compliments' slip through her door from the police saying that her details had been passed to the cyclist & the cyclist's details were on this slip too. I rang her on my mobile yesterday while I was waiting for the kids & Geoff to come out of the maze (couldn't get my scooter through). She is still in a real state & is scraed stiff of being sued. No matter how many times people have said that he was just as much in the wrong as he didn't make any effort to slow down & was oblivient of any traffic around him as he was riding very erratically, she still fears being taken to court. She hasn't slept & is so anxious & fear for her blood pressure. Has anyone out there who reads this blog had any such experience with a cyclist, or that can advise what I can say to mum or what else she could do other than what she has done already? She informed the police within 24 hours and offered her details at the scene even though the bloke seemed more interested in running drivers ddown (pardon the pun).She's on her own since dad died so she hasn't got someone who can take it off her shoulders. She did evertything I can think of. I did mention the Police's support network, maybe they could help.
I'm closing down now as I fear of losing it completely.