Thursday 19 April 2007

OMG! This computer is so slow I could run faster than it can! And that's with my painful chest where I'm needing to have oxygen again :( to relieve the cough & breathlessness. This means that I'm going to have to have oxygen in Scotland -- & there was me thinking I'd got off it after I hadn't had any for 10 days.I have managed to kick off 3 of my Gabapentin doses so I now only have 3 a day as opposed to 6. They are the ones that have the side-effect of weight gain, I think it's the gabapentin that's caused me to put on a stone & a half in weight in 6 months.The less weight I'm carrying, the better it is for me. & I suffer less pain etc. Hopefully the pure Scottish air will do my poorly chest a bit of good . We're up in the Cairngorms near to Balmoral - the walk around Balmoral is so refreshing (it might be exhausting for Geoff pushing me in the wheelchair...). At least we have my Disabled Parking Badge which is okay to use in Scotland, we can now park nearby to a venue etc.
I can't get the suitcase down yet as Rosie gets paranoid when she seesit and looks at mt with her woebegone face as if to say 'don't leave me mummy'. so packing happens the day before we go.
Geoff managed to get through to Gatwick Airport yesterday and he's organised for us (me & mum) to have transport within the airport - I'd never get to the departure gate otherwise. It's sorted at Aberdeen too & on the return journey. That will certainly make my life more comfortable. We also have a wheelchair hire organised for the week, hired from the Red Cross.

We're going up to Lakeside shopping centre on Saturday vto collect Alice's bridesmaid's dress, exchange Kelly's dress for a larger size, hunt down bridesmaid's headgear & possibly the shoes, and we're looking around for my 'mother-of-the-bride outfit (and, no, I'm not wearing a hat). I belong to 'Shopmobility' and I rang earlier in the week and have managed to bag the motorised scooter. It saves on the poor old boy having to push me around. So, I'm really looking forward to going.

I'm having my club night tonight. It's quite a simple technique, but it's effective. I have slowed down on my layout turnover this month as I haven't been too good illness-wise. Monday I felt so ill I didn't know what to do with myself. Jenny's partner, Carl, was working on his car on our driveway and he came upstairs to see if I wanted anything. Apparently he took ojust wanted a cuddle for reassurance.ne look at me & phoned Jen to get up here asap. Bless him. I just felt like I couldn't hold my head up nor keep my eyes open.I feel a bit better now but I still have a pain in my chest and this irritating revolting cough. The pain levels have gone up and my mobility has gone right down.When people try to advise me haven't got a clue at just how debilitating Fibromyalgia is. I can't just 'take a walk round the block with the dog'I've found out who to ignore and to tell people how I'm feeling rather than just saying I'm okay. I've had someone say to me that I can't be that bad if I scrapbook!!

I think that's all for now...
Bye Bye!!