Wednesday 7 November 2007

I'm a Nana again!! My daughter Jenny gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl at 7.20pm yesterday. She weighed in at 8lb 1oz. Her name is Amy Gillian Grace. Jenny & the baby are doing well following a quick labour (just about 2 hours once her labour established). Carl is a bit shell-shocked & rather moody. The boys adore her but Liam, bless him, was walking around with his hands over his ears!!!
I was blessed to be with Jenny from the start. I came to realise what this illness has taken away from me. I was humbled when her midwife, Sarah, said she felt happy to let me carry on with Jenny's care. I loved my job; I know I was good at my job; my god, I really miss my job. I met up with some of my ex work colleagues who were shocked at what has happened to me. One of the midwives who I never really understood humour-wise, gave me a big hug. needed that so much.
I'm struggling with Carl. I just can't get 'into' him. He suddenly drops his shoulders & sulks but won't say what the problem is. I don't think he understands what's happening but won't let anyone into his shell. Jen wants me but yet I feel that I'm not wanted. He almost begged me to be with jen when she was in labour yet I feel that I'm unwanted.
Anyway, all is well and that's the most important thing.